The role of the second shooter will be to assist the main photographer during weddings, engagement shoots and graduations.
Engagements and Weddings
• The assistant will need to take instructions from photographer on needed angles and compositions.
• Taking photos before, during and after wedding festivities.
• Taking detail photos of reception, wedding attire and rings amongst other duties.
• Administration and photo package sales is required before and after graduation ceremony.
• Second shooter may be required during graduation ceremony and/or to manage studio booth.
• Part-time and weekends
• Travel required
• Must be flexible regarding working hours including evenings and weekends
• Some work may require difficult terrain, lifting of equipment and working in cold or wet weather
Key responsibilities / capabilities:
• Experience handling camera and studio equipment
• Must have knowledge of SLR cameras
• Experience handling and assembling studio booth and lights (preferred)
• Creativity and technical camera abilities essential
• Professional manner essential
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Must be able to capture professional photographs using manual settings (no automatic settings)
• Must have understanding of digital and traditional camera equipment such as exposure, focus and different shutter speeds
• Must be fluent in English and Afrikaans
Minimum qualification required:
• Must have competent portfolio
• Photography student preferred
Minimum work experience required:
• Experience required handling camera equipment
• On the job training provided
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
– Good eye
– Ability to use colours, shadows, shapes, light and distance to compose good photographs
• Customer Services
– Strict professional dress code must be adhered to at all functions
– All clients must be handled professionally
• Personal abilities
– Be reliable and able to meet deadlines
– Confident organising people
– Able to listen and take direction
– Must be punctual
– Good interpersonal skills
– Must communicate efficiently to achieve a certain composition
– Able to focus on capturing high quality images in a fast-paced setting
Please send your complete CV and contactable references before August 12, 2016.
Only short-list candidates will be contacted for interviews.
If not contacted 3 days after the deadline please consider your application as unsuccessful. / Tel: +27 78 023 8967