Position: Service Technician
Location: Industria, Krugersdorp
Reports to: Service Manager
Salary: R16500 per month + benefits
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (CATERING & REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT)
• Plan the daily route to optimize efficiency in completing jobs issued
• To ensure that spares for general servicing and for key account maintenance contracts are replenished in the service vehicle.
• To ensure where possible that all out of town repairs are catered for by way of drawing from the spares department the parts that may be required.
• To ensure that vehicle services are planned to avoid service delays.
• To ensure all consumables are stocked in the service vehicle.
• Receives daily job cards from service manager for work to be carried out
• Completes job card and obtains customer signature acknowledging that the work has been completed to his satisfaction
• In the case of a cash customer, the job card is costed. The customer is given a receipt for the cash received. This cash is to be handed in.
• The Technician will be held responsible for all outstanding COD monies not collected after completion of the job.
• All completed job cards are handed in to the Service Manager the next morning for invoicing.
• Any problems encountered the previous day must be reported to the service manager for action.
• Advises customers on potential problems
• Promotes company equipment and advises sales staff on new opportunities for equipment sales.
• Responsible for keeping his vehicle in good running order and in a clean condition
• Takes stock of his van as per the company’s 3 monthly stock take dates and accounts for all variances
• Installation of equipment
• Commissioning equipment
• Experience minimum of 2 – 3 years post trade test experience
• Must have Trade test papers (Provide Trade Test Certificates, a full CV with valid references and reasons for leaving all previous employment)
• Valid driver’s license
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
• Trade Tested (Electrical)
• A lot of traveling